The problem of residential mold contamination is quite prevalent these days, with so many homes tightly sealed for energy efficiency. Airtight homes seal in more moisture, which can feed the growth of mold, allowing its spores to attach to surfaces and thrive. The byproducts of mold growth can cause a variety of health problems, ranging in severity from runny nose, sneezing, and cough to severe breathing trouble and bleeding in the lungs. Mold cleaners are available in a variety of forms to remove this danger from your home, ranging from do it yourself chemical treatments to professional mold cleaners.

Do it yourself mold cleaners are available from a variety of home improvement stores, and can be used to resolve small areas of infection. However, mold removal should never be done by homeowners with mold sensitivities or allergies and protective apparel should be worn when tackling this problem to avoid inhaling mold spores that can be released into the air as the area is scrubbed. A dust filtering mask is necessary, and rubber gloves are recommended to help prevent skin irritation. Many mold cleaners are very effective, containing fungicidal ingredients to remove existing mold and help prevent recurrences in the area.

If mold growth has spread over a large area in your home, or is in an inaccessible area such as under flooring or inside walls, professional mold cleaners may be your best bet to solve your problem. Mold can become deeply rooted in these areas, growing into wood and wallboard. A mold removal expert with experience in these matters can assess the damage to determine whether materials such as wallboard and wood flooring can be cleaned effectively or must be replaced.

Regardless of the method you choose to resolve your problem, household mold should be removed as quickly as possible. Mold can grow very rapidly, producing ever higher concentrations of mold spores in the air your family breathes. Addressing the problem immediately with effective mold cleaners is the key to protecting your family against the risk of mold related illness and allergies.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *