Owning a home is a wonderful investment and a great responsibility.  Things like a broken air conditioner, a leaky roof, and a new floor are all typically problems that need to be solved from time to time.  When mold takes over a home, however, the problems can be on a much bigger scale.  That’s why it is extremely important to be aware of the signs of mold infestation, so you can get rid of it as quickly as possible.  House mold can cause a lot of damage to wood, flooring, and even walls of your home.  The quicker you can spot it, the faster you can kill and remove it.  At the first sign of house mold, the key is to act quickly.  Mold can start to rot wood at a very rapid pace, which means you would end up having to replace windows and sills, or even worse, foundations or walls.

It is important to note that a lot of house mold can be hidden and go unnoticed for very long periods of time.  Mold has been known to creep in between the wall and wallpaper, in between insulation, and in the floorboards.  The key to preventing mold is to keep moisture levels down.  If you live in a very humid area of the country, a dehumidifier can be a real help.  Also, there are now paints that contain anti mold agents already mixed in. If you find that it’s too late and the presence of house mold is already there, something called biocides can help to kill it off.  Some kinds of regular detergent or bleaches also work to kill off house mold.  When it comes to killing and removing it, however, it is often recommended that you consult a professional so it can be done safely without spreading it further throughout the home.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *