Mold is a fungus that thrives on decomposing organisms.  You will find mold in areas where there is excessive moisture, high humidity, and decomposing matter that serves as a host.  Some of this matter includes decomposing leaves, plants, and animals.  Mold exposure is dangerous because many people react to mold in a harmful manner.  However, it should be noted that not all people respond to mold in the same way. Mold exposure may cause allergies in one person, and another person may not seem to be affected at all.  However, mold exposure is a serious health risk for babies, the elderly, pregnant women, and those who are sick or have compromised immune systems.  For these people, mold exposure poses many harmful health risks.

Some signs and symptoms of mold exposure include sneezing, running watering eyes, coughing, itchiness, rashes, and breathing difficulties.  More serious signs can include complications with asthma, respiratory illness, and lung infections.  There are certain types of mold that are toxic and can be fatal if exposure is severe and left untreated.  There is no doubt about it; mold must be removed from our homes, living environments, and businesses to ensure the health, safety, and well being of citizens.

Since you may not be able to detect mold with your eye, it is important to use a testing kit that will detect the presence of mold even if you can’t see it.  If you find out that your home or business does have mold, you will need to remove it immediately.  For some areas, you will be able to effectively treat it yourself.  Bleach is a fantastic solution that kills mold on contact, however there may be mold found in hard to reach areas and the services of a professional will be needed.  If you need to hire a contractor to remove the mold, don’t hesitate to do so.  It is vitally important that you treat the mold and remove it at once.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *