Does your child have a cold that won’t go away? Did you recently move and your teenager, who never had allergies before, is coughing and sneezing all over the house? Do you feel mysteriously fatigued or have trouble breathing? Your house may contain airborne mold. Toxic mold health problems are not to be trifled with, so if you have any of these symptoms, it’s important to discuss them with your doctor.

If you think that your house might be causing unsafe toxic mold health issues, you might also consider having a professional mold inspection that will reveal the variety of mold that is in your house.  It is important to know that some molds are harmless, even if they have an ugly appearance.  Some of the worst molds are actually pale or pinkish, and they  might not be as noticeable as a dark mold.  A mold inspection can tell you if your mold reactions are from toxic mold health problems, or if the mold variety is a harmless one. Not all mold is trouble, although it is always unsightly.   If your mold turns out to be harmless, you can save expenses on mold remediation, and your doctor will know to examine other causes for your health problems.

Symptoms of toxic mold health problems include rashes, eye irritation, respiratory problems, chronic fatigue, and irritable bowel syndrome.  Since these symptoms may follow from a variety of illnesses, it is crucial to determine if toxic mold health problems are to be blamed or not.  You can conduct a visual inspection of your home yourself.  Check areas where humidity is likely to be present (such as basements and bathrooms) because mold needs humidity to grow.  Be sure to examine these areas for pale molds as well as the more noticeable dark molds.   If mold is determined to be present and a family member seems to be having a strong reaction, or has an immune deficiency problem, it might be a good idea to move that person to a hotel until the mold is removed.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *