When mildew and mold is first detected in our homes, the first instinct is to grab that nearby sponge or expensive spray cleaner and begin a long and sometimes painful regiment of mildew mold removal.  Why is it that we put ourselves through such an exercise for the mildew mold removal process?  Why is mildew and mold so hard to get rid of?  Is there any thing that is more effective for mildew mold removal?

To answer these questions we must first consider what mildew and mold are.  Mildew is a thin black or white growth found on just about any surface that mold can be grown.  Molds are pretty prevalent in the air but mildew needs moisture and favorable temperature conditions in order to grow usually humid summer weather in closed houses.  Mildew is especially prevalent in areas that are damp, poorly lit, warm, and poorly ventilated.  Mildew will cling to cotton, rayon, linen, silk, wool, wood, paper, and leather and if untreated will stain, discolor, rot fabrics and create a musty odor. 

Since mildew mold removal is many times difficult and undetected until it is a problem, it is first recommended that when mildew is found to be present, the source of the moisture is recognized and when applicable, seal any cracks, repair insulations, drafts, and misfitting fixtures to control or eliminate moisture buildup.  Keeping things clean and taking preventative measures such as spraying your showers and tubs after each use will also ease mildew mold removal by providing a less favorable environment for the mildew to thrive upon and less nutrients for it to grow.  Drying out the air will also ease the battle of mildew mold removal.  Remember that cool air will hold less moisture than warm air so air conditioners and humidifiers are great for this task.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *